Home / News Archive / Conway Arkansas Plant Now Hiring
Conway Arkansas Plant Now Hiring
Posting Date: March 15th, 2012
Manufacturing/Industrial Engineer (Recent Graduate)
Hyd-Mech is the world leader in the band saw manufacturing industry and is now requiring a hands on Manufacturing Engineer for its Conway location.
TITLE: MANUFACTURING ENGINEER (ME)
Basic Job Description
Apply engineering theory and principles to problems of industrial layout or manufacturing processes and parameters. Complete projects and tasks that improve standard production rates and reduce cost while maintaining standards of quality and safety. Initiate LEAN activities throughout the plant to identify and eliminate manufacturing waste and improve process flow and efficiency.
- Create/maintain standard work instructions for assembly activities in the plant.
- Study time, motion and methods to establish and track standard production rates and implement best practices throughout the plant.
- Suggest process, layout, tooling, etc. changes that will enhance productivity and quality using LEAN principles.
- Work with Inventory Control, Purchasing and Engineering to suggest engineering changes that will improve productivity, product quality and reliability.
- Coordinate the implementation of engineering and product changes into production.
- Investigate manufacturing issues and communicate with the affected departments for timely resolution.
- Design tools/fixtures as required and maintain plant layout drawings.
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical/Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and balance the workload.
- Pro-active and hands-on.
- Understanding of common manufacturing processes.
- Ability to follow instruction or be self-directed in handling day to day tasks.
- Computer Skills: MS Office, AutoCAD, Solidworks.
- Experience with Bills of Material and/or Enterprise Resource Management is an asset.
- Experience with LEAN manufacturing is an asset.
Fax or E-mail your resume in confidence to Longina Raczynski - Human Resources
Fax 1-519-539-5126 firstname.lastname@example.org